The choice of flooring is an important and sometimes difficult task to accomplish. In order to come up with the right choice a combination of taste and research is usually required. Surfaces in the house require different types of floors depending on how they are used. For example, a bathroom floor requires a material that is not affected by water. Flooring experts in Jacksonville will guide you on which type of floor is ideal for the different types of rooms in the house.
Flooring is a worthwhile investment that increases the overall value of a home. It can transform the appearance of a room in combination with other types of improvements like painting and decorations. If you are considering or have already decided to change the flooring in your home or office there are various types that you can choose from. These include:
* Hard Wood Floors: These come in a wide range of grains and types such as pine, oak, bamboo and even cherry. You have the option staining the wood so as to achieve the color that you want ranging from light to rich mahogany. Properly maintained hard wood floors last for a lifetime.
* Laminate: These are designed so as to appear like real wood and are easily installed and are available at a lower cost. They are easy to maintain and clean as compared to real hard woods. They are installed in various ways including the use of glue. Some are designed with grooves that fit into each other easily.
* Vinyl: This is available in large sheets as well as in individual tiles. Large sheets require the use of special adhesive during installation. Vinyl tiles come with peel and stick adhesive or may require adhesive to be applied during installation.
* Stone and Ceramic Floors: There are many types of stones and ceramics that are used on floors. These materials include marble, baked ceramic, slate and granite. They are also available in different sizes. They are very durable.
* Carpets: These are available in a wide range of colors and texture. There are also many types of materials that are used to make carpets such as yarn, nylon or wool. Carpet floors are usually installed with some type of padding beneath them. You should ensure that the right type of padding is used as it determines how long a carpet can last.
* Concrete: This provides a durable option that can be installed in many floors. It is especially preferable on floors that are heavily trodden upon or where heavy equipments are constantly being driven on. Concrete floors can also be painted or stained so as to improve their appearance. Color can be added when pouring a new concrete floor to achieve a permanent look which can be altered by painting according to preference.
At Precision Flooring you will find a wide range of options to choose from where you will also be advised on how to best maintain and care for your floors. Depending on your budget you will be assisted to get the most reasonable flooring in terms of your preferences as well as longevity and suitability to weather conditions.
Hardwood floors can create a feeling of warmth and elegance in a home or business. However, hardwood floors also be a nightmare for your cleaning company to keep looking good. Knowing what to do and when to do it will help you to keep hardwood floors in prime condition.